1. OPPORTUNITIES IN GLOBAL INVESTMENT BANKING / FINANCIAL SERVICES
We are seeking talented and motivated professionals in a variety of roles such as:
· Corporate Bankers and Structured Financiers, with experience in origination, credit, risk management, monitoring and/or restructuring
· Equity & Fixed Income Products Specialists, with experience in equities, fixed income, REPO and money market trading and sales as well as product management.
· Lawyers with experience in structured/project finance, debt restructuring, capital markets/ treasury/ derivatives, and corporate governance
· Economists and engineers with a focus on energy, social or urban development, environment, transportation and other infrastructure areas
· Research Analysts and Macroeconomists to engage in research, analysis, and evaluation
· Risk and Compliance Specialists with a focus on Market/Portfolio Risk, Credit & Counterparty Risk, Operational Risk and other areas of risk.
· Specialists in Treasury, Transaction Processing, Liquidity Portfolio Management and Capital Markets.
· Human resources specialists to provide expertise in talent acquisition and retention, organisational effectiveness, and compensation and benefits.
· Specialists in Accounting, Financial Control, Communications, Strategy, Product Development, Information Technology, and Internal Audit.
What we are looking for in applicants?
· High degree of motivation
· Outstanding academic background
· Thorough training and relevant experience in the relevant field of expertise
· A record of achieving performance/results
· Desire to make a difference
· Commitment to building professional relationships
· Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment
2. REGIONAL HEAD OF HR - EASTERN AND WESTERN AFRICA
Our client is an international organization that transforms health globally through technology and innovation. The organisation take an entrepreneurial approach to developing and delivering high-impact, low-cost solutions, from lifesaving vaccines and devices to collaborative programs with communities. Through their work in more than 70 countries, our client and their partners empower people to achieve their full potential.
We are currently mandated by the client who is looking for to strengthen their African business and looking to hire a Head/Regional HR Business Partner – East, West & Central Africa. At least a working knowledge of both French and English language is required.
The Head, Regional HR Business Partner role will report to the Global Head HR Business Partner located in Seattle, WA and support the employees in the Eastern and Western Africa region.
· Partnering with organizational leadership to ensure the organisation can deliver on its mission.
· Building and implementing a regional talent management strategy and recruiting new talent for program and support positions
· Managing the on-boarding experience for new employees
· Supporting the corporate performance management system
· Consulting with employees and managers on employee relations issues and facilitating appropriate procedure is followed in alignment with organizational standards and local labor law
· Ensuring that hiring and employment practices are in compliance with organizational and local standards
· Recommending, managing and conducting training on topics ranging from HR policies and procedures to professional and leadership skill development
Qualifications and Requirements:
· A good degree
· Minimum of seven (7) years' HR generalist work experience
· Recruiting experience preferred but not mandatory.
· A track record of bringing a solution-oriented approach to working with clients to address the wide range of challenges required in a HRBP role including: talent management, leadership and employee coaching, employee relations and training and development
· Demonstrated skills building and managing strong partnerships with program teams and serving as a strategic advisor on HR matters in the region
· Demonstrated ability to successfully manage the uniquely differentiated HR role while working effectively in a client team environment
· Demonstrated effectiveness working efficiently, productively, and with urgency in a fast-paced environment.
· Proven group facilitation skills
· Ability to move initiatives forward and communicate effectively while managing multiple constituencies
· Ability to write professional policies and procedures in English
· Interpersonal, organizational planning and analytical skills
· Fluency in French
Please Note the role is based on local contract terms: This position can be posted in Kenya, Tanzania, Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Ethiopia or Senegal. Having work authorization for the location where it sits is mandatory.
3. INFRASTRUCTURE / PROJECT FINANCE TRANSACTOR - NIGERIA / WEST AFRICA
An opportunity is available for an Infrastructure Finance Transactor who will be responsible for originating and executing transactions in the infrastructure sector in Africa (including export credit based deals). This role will be based in Lagos, Nigeria and will report to the CEO Nigeria and the Bank’s Head of Infrastructure Finance.
Origination: Some existing networks or contacts to be able to originate infrastructure finance transactions on the African continent; Able to initiate transactions by knowing clients’ needs and proactively seeking to satisfy those needs in the infrastructure sector.
Execution of transactions: Evaluation of the feasibility of infrastructure projects with the view to provide debt financing to the project with the appropriate commodity hedging and/or equity upside where required (including the ability to construct or evaluate detailed cash flow projections using excel); Able to close transactions by obtaining the relevant internal approvals for the transaction and leading or actively participating in the successful conclusion of negotiations; Able to add value to transactions for the benefit of the bank and/or the client through knowledge of the subject, innovation and lateral thinking; Ability to make transactions bankable by identifying and mitigating key risk issues; and Able to implement transactions by managing the preparation of complex multiple jurisdiction documents and compliance with all required procedures, laws and regulations.
· Relevant tertiary qualification and at least significant years working experience in project and infrastructure financing transactions in the infrastructure sector.
· Deal making experience in Nigeria is preferred. Deal making in East and/or West Africa will be advantageous.
· Experience in transactions involving Export Credit Agencies will be advantageous.
· Self-starter who is willing to travel in Africa.
· Strong communications skills (both verbal and written) coupled with excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to build relationships at all levels.
· Strong analysis and report writing skills.
· Attention to detail and a passion for accuracy.
· Must be able to read, understand and interpret a set of annual financial statements.
· A working knowledge of the law of contracts.
· An understanding of the taxation of companies, financial institutions and shareholders.
· Fully conversant with and able to operate all available software, such as: Word, Excel, Internet, and PowerPoint.
· An interest in and knowledge of the infrastructure industry.
· Self –motivated and able to work well both in a team as well as independently.
· A high degree of professionalism and business acumen.
If you love challenging responsibilities or you are interested in working for a dynamic and progressive institution and you fit any of the above profiles, you are welcomed for a chance to apply. Kindly send an excel spreadsheet in the format below, a covering letter stating a brief profile of yourself, your career objectives and achievements as well as a copy of your updated resume to email@example.com.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.